If you’ve been searching for a roofing company near me on Google then look no further. As experienced roofers in Port St. Lucie, Florida, we understand the importance of education when it comes to the process of a roof replacement.
When Is It Time To Replace a Shingle Roof?
There are several signs our roofers in Port St. Lucie recommend you look out for which indicate a roof replacement might be necessary. Some of these include:
- Bucking and curling shingles which can expose your roof to the elements and lead to leaks.
- Missing granules from asphalt roofing shingles and finding a significant amount of granules in your gutters and downspouts.
- Missing entire shingles or shingle-tabs which can allow rainwater into the home.
- Mold or any wood rot in the attic is a serious concern and typically the sign of a leak.
- Roof age is an overall concern as most shingle roofs last about 15-20 years in our South Florida environment before having issues or becoming prone to wind damage.
Should Homeowners Add a Layer of Shingles or Replace the Entire Roofing System?
Replacing the entire system is the best option for improving the overall performance of your roof. Here are the primary materials in a roofing system design:
- Water resistance barrier (underlayment)
- Starter strip shingles
- Architectural shingles
- Proper ventilation
- True hip & ridge shingles
For top-quality roofing services in Port St. Lucie, contact your local professional Port St. Lucie roofers, who can provide the best value for your investment.
When Is It Time To Replace a Tile Roof?
Tile roofs are more popular in Port St. Lucie and the state of Florida compared to the rest of the country. Spotting issues can sometimes be difficult to an untrained eye. Some things to look out for include:
- Cracks in the roof tiles that are wide enough to let in light and water which can ultimately lead to underlayment damage and leaks. These can often be seen from the ground if they are bad enough.
- Tiles sliding out of place leaving the underlayment exposed to the sun.
- Leaks in the field of the roof that happen outside of a valley or vent penetration. These types of leaks usually indicate underlayment degradation.
- Systemic wood rot or stains in the attic indicating active moisture intrusion in multiple areas.
- Brittle tiles that become easy to break due to roof age making repairs almost impossible
- When the cost of repairs no longer significantly extend the life of the roof, or no longer make financial sense.
When Is the Best Time To Replace a Roof in Florida?
Unlike other states, where roofing work is challenging or impossible due to cold and snow, Florida’s milder winter temperatures provide ideal construction weather for our roofers in Port St Lucie all year long.
While there is not a bad time to have your roof replaced, by scheduling with a professional local roofing company near you outside of hurricane season, you can expect the following:
- Increased efficiency due to less rain delays
- Avoiding the peak season and/or material wait times
- Prepare for Florida’s storm season
The short answer is that the best time to have your roof replaced is when you are ready. We provide quality and timely services all year-round.
Will a New Roof Lower Energy Bills?
The answer is yes (most of the time). An old, under-performing roof can have inadequate ventilation or darkening from algae growth, leading to overheating during the summer and causing your HVAC to work overtime. Replacing your roof with new materials and proper ventilation can prevent excess heat buildup and water leaks, ultimately lowering energy bills.
Furthermore, a roof replacement is the perfect time to look at upgrade options in ventilation or the type of materials you choose such as:
- Solar powered attic fans
- Upgraded shingle technology with built-in algae growth inhibitors
- Metal roof options that can reflect and dissipate heat
- Or, upgraded ridge ventilation options
If you require energy-efficient roofing services, trust our expert Port St Lucie roofers to provide a durable and energy-efficient roof for your home.
Is New Roofing a Wise Investment?
Yes. By installing new roofing in Port St. Lucie, you can enjoy increased curb appeal with various shingle or metal colors, which add depth to your home. And it can improve your home’s value with a ~60% ROI and may lead to potential energy savings.
Additionally, by hiring expert roofers in Port St. Lucie, Florida, you will have peace of mind knowing you’ve secured a quality roof designed to last.
Get Financing for Roof Replacement
Are you looking for a top roofing company near you in Port Saint Lucie, FL? As a licensed and insured Florida roofing contractor, we offer expert services for residential and commercial properties.
Our skilled team can handle everything from roof repair to new installations, and we even offer financing options. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to our local community. Contact us today for a free estimate and experience the FIXD difference!
Cody is the owner of FIXD Roofing LLC and an avid student in all things roofing. He is a member of the FRSA. He specialized in roof repairs before starting his own company giving him a unique perspective on the challenges of designing durable roof systems.